Councilwoman-At-Large, Division A
Office: (504) 415-4972
12 W. Woodlawn Drive
Destrehan, LA 70047
WENDY BENEDETTO, Councilwoman At Large, Division A, is a native of New Orleans and has lived in Destrehan for more than 31 years. She is married to Randal Benedetto, and they are the proud parents of three children and three grandchildren.
Wendy graduated from Bonnabel High School and attended Donaldson Real Estate School.
She is a very active member of the community, currently serving as a member of the Ormond Civic Association. She also served as a PTA president and in numerous other offices. She is a past president and board member of the Destrehan Booster Club. Wendy is a full-time Realtor with Latter & Blum Inc./Realtors and an active member of the New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors (NOMAR) where she also sat on the Board of Directors for NOMAR. Wendy currently sits as a Director for Louisiana Realtors serving as a State level representative.
As Councilwoman At Large, Division A, Wendy serves her constitutes by actively participating in various committees, boards and organizations, such as:
• Ormond Civic Association (OCA) Member
• Operations, Maintenance and Construction Management Committee
• Legislative Committee
• Contract/Finance Administrative Committee
• Special Projects/Public Safety, Health and Environmental Committee
• Hurricane Protection Projects Committee
• Sunset Drainage District - Board of Commissioners
• Regional Planning Commission
• PJAL Region II's Executive Board Member
• Resolutions Committee
Wendy has previously participated in the Republican State Central Committee, Republican Women's' Association and served as a GNO Inc. Board Member
Wendy is the Chairman of the Legislative Committee.
Wendy is an active member of the Louisiana Police Jury Association. She is a member of PJAL's Community Development Committee, the current Chairman of the Louisiana Police Jury Association's Parks, Recreation & Tourism Committee She is a member of the National Association of County Officials, and NACo's Next Generation. She is also a member of NACo's Community, Economic and Workforce Development Policy Steering Committee. Wendy is a member of the R.S.V.P Advisory Council and is a past ex-officio member of the St. Charles Parish Hospital Board of Control.
• Second Term: Jan. 13, 2020 – Jan. 8, 2024 – At Large, Division A
• First Term: Jan. 11, 2016 - Jan. 12, 2020 - At Large, Division A
• Council Chairman: Jan. 1, 2016 - Dec. 31, 2016
• Second Term: Jan. 9, 2012 - Jan. 11, 2016 - District III
• First Term: Jan. 14, 2008 - Jan. 8, 2012 - District III
• Council Chairman: Jan. 1, 2013 - Dec. 31, 2013
• Stats Summary: 338 work requests issued | 321 complete