Professional ServicesTo bid on professional services with St. Charles Parish, complete the forms below and turn them in to the St. Charles Parish Procurement Office. For more information, please contact the Procurement Office as well.
Doing Business with St. Charles Parish Government
- Doing Business with St. Charles Parish Instructional Packet
- St. Charles Parish Bidder's List Application
Related Links and Documents
- Sign up for bid and proposal e-mail notifications
- St. Charles Parish Electronic Bidding Link
- St. Charles Parish Procurement Office Main Page
Current Bids and Proposals
ADDENDUM NO. 2 TO SPECIFICATIONS AND PLANS FOR ST. CHARLES PARISH EAST BANK TRANSMISSION LINE REPAIR/REPLACEMENT PROJECT
- Category:All RFPs / Advertisements for Bids
- Start Date:April 20, 2020 11:30 AM
- Close Date:TBD
Addendum No. 2
To the Specifications and Plans For
St. Charles Parish East Bank Transmission Line Repair/Replacement February 14, 2020 Project Name Date
To Bidder of Record:
This addendum, applicable to the work designed above, is an amendment to the bidding documents and as such shall be part of and included in the Contract.
Part 1 - Addendum Purpose
The purpose of this addendum is to inform bidders of any questions and clarifications that resulted from the Pre-Bid Conference held at 10:00 AM on April 14, 2020, which was a telephone conference call due to the COVID-19 Statewide Stay-at-Home Order issued for the State of Louisiana. The meeting minutes and all questions and clarifications are contained below.
Part 2 - Pre-Bid Conference
See Pre-Bid Conference Meeting Minutes Attached
Part 3 - Clarifications
1. In accordance with Section 4 of Proclamation No. JBE-2020-30 dated March 16, 2020 of the Executive Department of the State of Louisiana, the Parish of St. Charles is providing for attendance via teleconference of public bid openings as long as Proclamation No. JBE-2020- 30 remains in effect. The teleconference call-in information is below. Additionally, public bid openings will be televised live on SCPTV- Channel 6, the local government access channel, and live at the link below.
Bid Opening - April 23, 2020 10:00 AM Central Time
EB Transmission Line Repair/Replacement WWKS 101 (WATERWORKS)
One tap mobile
+8887880099,,958126073# US Toll Free
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
888 788 0099 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 958 126 073
SCPTV-Channel 6 can be viewed online at scp-tv.com by clicking " WATCH LIVE!"
Part 3 - Clarifications (Continued)
2. The Chlorine Application as stated in Section 02810-7, Part 3.07 E of the Specifications and Contract Documents shall conform to AWWA C651.
Part 4 - Specifications and Contract Documents
1. Section 01150 Measurement and Payment
Remove Section 01150 Measurement and Payment in its entirety and replace with the revised Section 01150 Measurement and Payment (Addendum No. 2 -April 20, 2020)
This section has been removed for duplicated pages in this section to prevent confusion.
Pre-Bid Conference Meeting Minutes
Revised Section 01150 Measurement and Payment (Addendum No. 2 -April 20, 2020)
PRE-BID CONFERENCE MEETING MINUTES
EAST BANK TRANSMISSION LINE REPAIR/REPLACEMENT ST. CHARLES PARISH
DEPARTMENT OF WATERWORKS
Tuesday, April 14, 2020, 10:00 AM
A. St. Charles Parish Representatives
1. Robert Brou - Department of Waterworks Director
2. Anthony Ayo -Parish IT Department
3. Sean Lewis - Department of Waterworks In-House Inspector
1. Nicci D. Gill, P.E., Shread-Kuyrkendall & Associates, Inc. email@example.com, 225-296-1335 (o)
2. Steven P. Breeding, P.E., Shread-Kuyrkendall & Associates, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org , 985-764-4060 (o)
1. Nathan Kernion, Cycle Construction Co., LLC
2. Tim Morgan, Wallace C. Drennan, Inc.
D. Project Overview
The work generally consists of excavation to access an existing East Bank 24" ductile iron transmission line of approximately 2,000 feet for television inspection, preparing, and sliplining with a 20" HDPEDR 17 new line, and tying the new line back into the existing 24" DI waterline. Mechanical cleaning/descaling is an alternate, if deemed necessary for additional cleaning. Additionally there is a block valve to be removed from the existing 24" DI waterline.
A. Contract Time - 90 calendar days
B. Liquidated Damages - $500.00 per day
C. Award of Contract - The Parish will award the contract on the basis of the lowest base bid, or alternates plus base bid.
D. Bid Opening - Sealed Bids are due no later than 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, April 23, 2020. Bid shall remain open for 45 days.
E. Opinion of Probable Construction Cost - $1.lM
A. Potential Difficulties
1. Coordination of Construction with the refinery, residents, and utility companies
2. Coordination of Construction with Illinois Central Railroad
3. Property damage
4. Traffic Plan (to be coordinated with the Parish entities)
B. Questions and Items Discussed
1. To be in writing only, to be submitted no later than Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
2. It was noted the bid items are listed in Section 00300.
3. It was noted the measurement and payments items are described in Section 01150.
4. It was noted that appendix A has the Parish license agreement with the railroad for reference.
5. Access to the site will either be through Valero' s Property to the gate that accesses the pit outside their property or the east side of the project along the railroad track.
6. Timber Mats will be needed to cross the ditch, no drainage should be blocked.
7. No clearing needed for access to the existing valve to be removed.
8. The installation of the sliplined 20-inch HDPE Pipe will begin on the east side and pulled toward Valero.
9. Contractor's are to minimize street closures.
IV. BID PACKAGE (As outlined in the Instructions to Bidders)
A. Bid Form, (with acknowledgement of addendum)
B. Bid Bond, (or cashier's check or certified check)
C. Bid Security (surety bond, cashier's check, or certified check)-5% of the Bid Price
D. Power of Attorney (for Surety Bond only)
E. Corporate Resolution (if by corporation or joint venture of corporations)
F. Attestation Clause, Non-Collusive, Employment Status Verification, and Request to Sublet due within ten (10) days by the apparent low bidder, as indicated in Section 00100 of the project specifications.
A. Addendum No. 2 to follow with summary of questions and answers from this Pre-Bid Meeting and other clarifications. All inquiries to be in writing, to be submitted no later than Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
SECTION 01150 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT
PART 1 - GENERAL SCOPE OF WORK
A. The scope of this section defines the items included in each Bid Item. Payment will be made based on the specified items included in the description in this section for each Bid Item.
B. All contract prices included in the bid form will be full compensation for all labor, materials, tools, equipment and incidentals necessary to complete the construction as shown on the Drawings and/or as described in the Specifications to be performed under this contract. Actual quantities of each item bid on a unit price basis will be determined upon completion of the construction. Payment for all items in the bid form will constitute full compensation for all work to be performed under this Contract.
Units of measure shown on bid form shall be as follows unless specified otherwise.
Item Method of Measurement:
EA | Each-Field Counted by Owner I Owner's Representative
LF | Linear Foot - Field Measured by Owner |Owner's Representative
LS | Lump Sum - Unit is One; no measurement will be made
SF | Square Foot - Field Measurement by Owner I Owner's Representative
SY | Square Yard - Field Measurement by Owner | Owner's Representative
CY | Cubic Yard - Field Measurement by Owner | Owner's Representative
Progress payments will be made monthly.
The date for Contractor's submission of monthly Application for Payment shall be established at the Pre-Construction Conference.
Partial payment for stored materials and unit priced items shall be as described in Article 15 of the General Conditions,
PART 2 - PRODUCTS (NOT USED) PART 3 -EXECUTION
3.1 MOBILIZATION/ DEMOBILIZATION
Measurement of work for payment of this item shall be on a lump sum basis as established in the bid, and broken down in accordance with Section-SCP-E-01370 and Payment (Section B) below.
Payment shall be based on preparatory work and operations to include, but not limited to, those necessary for the movement of personnel, equipment, supplies, and incidentals to the project site, the establishment of construction offices, and other facilities necessary for work on the project and the cost of bonds. Examples of activities that can be included in the Mobilization / Demobilization Line Item, but not be limited to, are payments for Bonds and Insurance, storage
/office trailers, construction fencing, tool purchases, permits obtained by the contractor, fees or costs from city/parish/state/federal agencies as a requirement to perform activities within the scope of the project, costs to transport equipment, tools and materials to the job site, etc. At no time shall the same activity be claimed in multiple line items on the bid form, resulting in a duplicate payment for the same activity.
Partial payments for Mobilization/Demobilization will be divided into five (5) payments being made to spread the costs over the duration of the project. No price adjustment will be made for this due to changes and/or extensions of time and any increased mobilization cost incurred by the Contractor due to any additional work occasioned by such changes.
Partial payments for mobilization shall be made in accordance with the schedule of Table 1150-1, based on the percent earned of original total contract amount
(less the Line Item for Mobilization/Demobilization), for a total amount equal to the line item for Mobilization / Demobilization.
Table 1150 - 1
Mobilization | Demobilization Payment
Percent of Total Contract Amount Earned(Excluding the Line Item for Mobilization/Demobilization) | Allowable Percent of the Lump Sum Price for Mobilization/Demobilization
- 1st Partial Estimate | 25% of Line Item Amount
- 10% of Contract Amount | 50% of Line Item Amount
- 25% of Contract Amount | 75% of Line Item Amount
- 50% of Contract Amount | 85% of Line Item Amount
- 100% (at Substantial Completion) | 100% of Line Item Amount
If the Contract is cancelled by the Owner, the Contractor will be paid for the actual cost for mobilization at the time of cancellation, which said cost shall not exceed the total amount bid under this item.
Nothing herein shall be construed to limit or preclude partial payment otherwise provided by the Contract.
Mobilization/ Demobilization - Lump Sum (LS)
3.2 20" HDPE DR 17 (DIPS) WATER MAIN (SLIPLINED)
1. Restrained joint water main pipe of self-restrained HDPE restrained joint pipe and Ductile Iron Mechanical Joint fittings in the size required, and when furnished and installed, sliplined, excavated and backfilled, and tested will be measured for payment by the ENGINEER. Measurement for payment does not signify that the water main is accepted. Measurement for length of restrained joint pipe and fittings will be the actual horizontal linear footage laid, measured along the top centerline of the pipe and fittings from the center of the bend being restrained to the last restrained joint on either side of the fitting. ENGINEER'S measurement is intended to verify that the length of pipe restrained is no less than the required restrained length indicated on the Drawings.
2. No measurements for fittings, adapters, trans1t10n gaskets, trans1t10n coupl ings, offsets, and incidentals will be made. All costs are to be included in the contractor ' s unit bid price for the particular pipe size (and/or SDR) installed in place. Fittings will not be measured as a specific item.
1. The actual total horizontal linear feet of restrained joint pipe and fittings installed and tested as required, where indicated on the drawings or where directed by the ENGINEER, measured as provided above, will be paid for at the unit price bid and this price and payment shall constitute full compensation for furnishing, hauling and installing the pipe and fittings complete; for all excavation, special items of work indicated on the plans for which no pay item has been provided, removal of valves and sleeve pipe, installation of pipe stem, incidental cleaning and television inspection, test pits, fuse and test pipe, fab pulling head, foundation, bedding, sheeting and shoring, sheeting left in place, geotextile material, drainage, removal and replacement of fences, storm sewers, utility lines, etc. that are disturbed, backfilling and compacting, restoring the trench surface to grade, removal of surplus earth, incidental cleaning and testing the pipe, polyethylene encasement for ductile iron pipe; and for the furnishing of all equipment, tools, labor and incidental items as shown on the Drawings or required to complete the item in accordance with the Plans and Specifications.
2. The payment for pipe foundation shall be included in the unit price of the retrained joint water main pipe.
20" HDPE DR 17 (DIPS) Water Main (HDPE Slipliner Pipe)-Linear Foot (LF)
3.3 WATER MAIN TIE-IN
A. Measurement: Measurement of work for payment of this water main connection item shall be on a lump sum basis for completing the connection of the water main to the piping as shown on the Drawings, including all necessary items.
B. Payment: Payment of the amount bid for these items shall be full compensation for furnishing all labor, materials, equipment, fittings, adapters, transition gaskets, transition couplings, offsets, and incidentals required to connect the proposed piping to the water main in accordance with manufacturer's specifications, to relieve any pressure and/or pump any water to which the connection is to be made, for all excavation, open pipe ends, special items of work indicated on the Plans for which no pay item has been provided, foundation, bedding, sheeting and shoring, sheeting left in place, geotextile material, drainage, removal and replacement of utility lines, etc. that are disturbed, backfilling and compacting, restoring the trench surface to grade, removal of surplus earth, cleaning and testing the pipe; and for the furnishing of all equipment, tools, labor and incidental items as shown on the Drawings or required to complete the items in accordance with the Plans and Specifications.
Water Main Tie-In - Each (EA)
There will be no measurement for this item.
Payment shall be based on the unit price bid for the item and shall be full compensation for labor, materials, equipment and any ancillary items required to complete this work as specified and as shown on the drawings.
Exploratory Excavation - Each (EA)
4.2 MECHANCIAL CLEANING I DESCALING
Measurement of water main cleaning will be by linear foot of water main cleaned.
Payment for water main cleaning will be at the contract unit price per linear foot and shall be full compensation for all labor, water, equipment, and incidentals necessary to complete this item. The collection, removal, transportation, and disposal of sand, debris, and liquid wastes shall be considered incidental to water main cleaning. Charges for water usage shall also be considered incidental. Mechanical Cleaning / Descaling will be paid only after being directed by the Engineer to perform cleaning.
Mechanical Cleaning / Descaling - Linear Foot (LF)
PART 4 - MISCELLANEOUS
4.1 EXTRA WORK
Extra work, if any, will be performed and paid for as specified in the General Conditions.
4.2 ITEMS NOT DIRECTLY PAID FOR
A. The following items of work shall be accomplished with no separate payment. All costs associated with these items shall be included in other bid items or borne by the CONTRACTOR.
1. Pressure and Leakage Tests All pressure and leakage tests required as specified shall be considered a subsidiary obligation of the
CONTRACTOR. No separate payment shall be made in connection with any pressure of leakage tests.
2. Sheeting Left in Place . No separate payment shall be made for the steel or other sheeting to remain in place. Installation, driving, and cutting of this steel sheeting shall be included in the unit prices bid for the installed pipe and facilities.
3. Pump sand, crushed stone and all incidental work required to install and complete the work.