PUBLIC NOTICE: Utility Bill Assistance Available for Low Income Residents
The Department of Community Services
The St. Charles Parish Department of Community Services has funds available for assistance through the 2020 Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Residents of St. Charles Parish with an Entergy bill who has not received assistance within the last 6 months are eligible to apply for assistance.
Information Needed to Apply:
• Recent copy of utility bill
• Last four consecutive check stubs for all employed members of the household
• Proof of unearned income (Social Security, SSI, SSDI, Retirement, Unemployment Insurance, Pension Funds, etc.)
• Current SNAP print out (within 30 days)
• Proof of present address (valid driver’s license or ID, voter registration card, lease agreement, or another bill with the same address)
• Valid form of Identification (Driver’s License or ID that is not expired)
• Social Security Card for all members of the household
• Additional information may be required on a case-to-case basis to determine eligibility for energy assistance
Louisiana 2020 Income Guidelines
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
(Based on 60% of State Medium Income)
Number of household members with corresponding monthly household income limits:
All residents qualifying for utility assistance must provide their current utility bills or disconnect notice. Applications are taken by appointment. Walk-ins are accepted, but only when the client has a disconnect notice. For information and/ or to schedule an appointment, call 985-764-7644 between the hours of 8:30 A.M. and 4:00 P.M., Monday thru Friday. The Department of Community Services is location at 14564 River Road in New Sarpy.
Note: It is the policy of the Department of Community Services to ensure equal opportunity in all aspects of its programs and services without regard to religion, race, color, national origin, age, sex, or handicap.