29th JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT RELEASES COURTROOM RESTRICTIONS DUE TO COVID-19
29th Judicial District Court
29th JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT FOR THE PARISH OF ST. CHARLES
STATE OF LOUISIANA
IN RE: COURTROOM RESTRICTIONS DUE TO COVID-19
Considering advisories issued by the Center for Disease Control and the Louisiana Department of Health concerning the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, and the public health emergency declaration by Governor John Bel Edwards,
IT IS ORDERED, effective immediately, the following persons are not permitted to enter a courtroom for any division of the 29th Judicial District Court:
1. Persons who have been diagnosed with or have had contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
2. Persons who have been advised to self-quarantine by any doctor, hospital, or health agency.
3. Persons exhibiting respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills or fatigue.
4. Persons who have been in any of the following countries in the last 14 days:
CHINA, SOUTH KOREA, JAPAN, ITALY, IRAN
5. Persons who reside with or have had close contact with someone who has been in one of the countries listed above in the last 14 days.
Anyone attempting to enter in violation of these protocols will be denied entry by Courthouse Security.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that anyone required to appear before any judge of the 29th Judicial District Court who is unable to appear because of the restrictions listed above, shall:
1. If represented by an attorney, please contact your attorney.
2. If you are the parent of a juvenile represented by an attorney and are scheduled to appear before a judge, please contact your attorney.
3. If you are a pro se litigant (self-represented) in a civil case or criminal defendant or a parent of a juvenile scheduled to appear before a judge, please contact that judge’s chambers directly.
4. If you are a juror, please contact 29th Judicial District Court receptionist.
5. If you are a drug court participant, please contact the drug court coordinator.
6. If you are a family intervention court participant, please contact the juvenile administrator.
These restrictions shall remain in effect temporarily until it is determined to be safe to remove them. People who think they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider immediately.
DONE AND SIGNED this 13th day March, 2020 at Hahnville, Louisiana.
Timothy S. Marcel
A copy of the administrative order can be found here.
Judge Connie M. Aucoin, Division “C” (985) 783-2923
Judge M. Lauren Lemmon, Division “D” (985) 783-2923
Judge Timothy S. Marcel, Division “E” (985) 783-2923
Stephanie Hebert, 29th JDC Receptionist (985) 783-2923
Jackie Cristina, Drug Court Coordinator (985) 783-3216
Courtney Troxclair, Juvenile Administrator (985) 783-2923