The St. Charles Parish Assisted Evacuation Plan is meant for those persons without transportation who do not have special needs and their companion animals.USE OF ASSISTED EVACUATION SHOULD ABSOLUTELY BE A LAST OPTION.
Residents should first work with neighbors, family, friends and social networks to secure transportation out of the parish in the event of a mandatory evacuation.THOSE WISHING TO USE ASSISTED EVACUATION:
PETS SHOULD HAVE:
- Should register with St. Charles Parish Emergency Operations NOW. Please call (985) 783-5050 24/7 and speak to the emergency coordinator on duty.
- Pick-up by school bus will begin 4 hours after a mandatory evacuation order is issued.
- Evacuees will be staged at the West Bank Bridge Park in Luling.
- Evacuees will be transported to the parish’s shelter site north of Interstate 12.
- Items in pet evacuation kit
- Please be aware pet owners are responsible for caring for their pets while evacuated. This includes feeding, walking and cleaning up after your pet twice daily. Animals will be housed separately, and this service is ONLY available to those making use of the assisted evacuation program.
- ONE BAG PER PERSON
- Personal medications (Medications will not be available at the shelter)
- Personal / Comfort Foods
- Comfortable Clothing
- Needed toiletry items
- Books and games for the kids
- Pillows and blankets