TO QUALIFY TO REGISTER YOU MUST:
1. be a United States citizen
2. be at least 17 years old to register but must be 18 years old to vote
3. not be under an order of imprisonment for conviction of a felony
4. not be under a judgment of full interdiction or limited interdiction where your right to vote has been
5. reside in the state and parish in which you seek to register and vote
WHERE TO REGISTER
You may apply for voter registration by completing a Louisiana Voter Registration Application for at any Registrar of Voters Office, mailing in a voter registration application or online registration at www.geauxvote.com. In addition, if you are seeking services at designated mandated sites, voter registration my be offered to you. Below is a list of mandated sites.
• Louisiana Department of Motor Vehicle
• Louisiana Department of Social Services, WIC, Food Stamp, and Medicaid offices
• Offices serving persons with disabilities, such as the Deaf Action Centers and Independent Living offices
• Armed Forces Recruitment offices
WHAT DO I NEED
If registering in person at a parish Registrar of Voters office, you are required to prove age, residency, and identity. You may submit your current Louisiana driver's , birth certificate or other documentation which sufficiently establishes your identity, age and residency. You must register to vote using your Homestead Exemption address. However, if you do not claim Homestead Exemption and reside at more than one place in the state with and intention to reside there indefinitely, you may register only at one of the places at which you reside.
WHEN CAN I REGISTER
Louisiana statutes require you to be registered 30 days prior to an election to be eligible to vote in that particular election. Upon completing a registration for you will receive your voter identification card in the mail within 2-4 weeks after approval from the State.
To register by mail, download the Louisiana Voter Registration Mail-In Application and then return a completed form to your local Registrar of Voters office. Please note that the list of Registrar Offices is included on the form.