WENDY BENEDETTO, Councilwoman At Large, Division A, is a native of New Orleans and has lived in Destrehan for more than 25 years. She is married to Randal Benedetto, and they are the proud parents of three children: Blake, Katelyn, and Brock.
Wendy graduated from Bonnabel High School and attended Donaldson Real Estate School.
She is a very active member of the community, currently serving as a board member of the Ormond Civic Association. She also served as a PTA president and in numerous other offices, including as a local board member in the public school system. She is a past president and board member of the Destrehan Booster Club, as well as a current member. Wendy is a full-time Realtor with Latter & Blum and an active member of the New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors (NOMAR).
As Councilwoman At Large, Division A, Wendy serves her constitutes by actively participating in various committees, boards and organizations, such as:
- Ormond Civic Association (OCA) Board Member
- Operations, Maintenance and Construction Management Committee
- Legislative Committee
- Contract/Finance Administrative Committee
- Special Projects/Public Safety, Health and Environmental Committee
- Hurricane Protection Projects Committee
- Sunset Drainage District - Board of Commissioners
- Republican State Central Committee
- Republican Women's' Association
- South Central Planning and Development Committee
- GNO Inc. Board Member
- Regional Planning Commission
Wendy is the Chairman of the Legislative Committee.
Wendy is an active member of the Louisiana Police Jury Association. She is a member of PJAL's Community Development Committee. She is a member of the National Association of County Officials, and NACo's Next Generation. She is also a member of NACo's Community, Economic and Workforce Development Policy Steering Committee. Wendy is a past ex-officio member of the St. Charles Parish Hospital Board of Control.
12 W. Woodlawn Drive
Destrehan, LA 70047
Cell: (504) 415-4972
- First Term: Jan. 11, 2016 - Jan. 12, 2020 - At Large, Division A
- Council Chairman: Jan. 1, 2016 - Dec. 31, 2016
- Second Term: Jan. 9, 2012 - Jan. 11, 2016 - District III
- First Term: Jan. 14, 2008 - Jan. 8, 2012 - District III
- Council Chairman: Jan. 1, 2013 - Dec. 31, 2013
- Stats Summary: 332 work requests issued | 317 complete