VALERO ST. CHARLES REFINERY GIVES $600,000 TO LOCAL CHILDREN’S CHARITIES
Valero St. Charles Refinery
Local children’s charities today received a total of $600,000 from employees of the Valero St. Charles Refinery who helped raise the funds through the Valero Energy Foundation and the company’s sponsorship of the 2018 Valero Texas Open and Benefit for Children in San Antonio.
“This is just one of several Valero locations that will proudly distribute funds to children’s charities throughout the United States this year,” said Jerry Stumbo, Vice President and General Manager of the Valero St. Charles Refinery. “These gifts enable our community agencies to continue their good work for the many children they serve. We appreciate all that these agencies do to improve children’s lives. And it gives us great joy to be able to support the children of St. Charles Parish and the surrounding areas once again.”
Thanks to the overwhelming support of Valero’s business partners and sponsors, the Valero Texas Open raised a record $12 million to be distributed to charities throughout the United States where Valero has major operations. With this year’s result, the event has raised an all-time total of more than $138 million, making it one of the most charitable tournaments on the PGA TOUR.
Valero has extended its contract with the PGA TOUR as title sponsor of the Valero Texas Open another 10 years, through 2028. Agencies selected to receive Benefit for Children dollars each year are nominated and selected by Valero employees.
The 2018 Valero Benefit for Children local recipients are:
- ALPHA DAUGHTERS OF ZION OUTREACH CENTER
- AMERICAN LEBANESE SYRIAN ASSOCIATED CHARITIES INC.
- AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION INC.
- BOYS HOPE GIRLS HOPE OF GREATER NEW ORLEANS
- BRAVE HEART - CHILDREN IN NEED
- CHILDREN'S ADVOCACY CENTER HOPE HOUSE
- CAMP CHALLENGE
- CATHOLIC CHARITIES ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW ORLEANS
- CHILD ADVOCACY SERVICES INC.
- CHILDRENS HOSPITAL INC.
- CASA JEFFERSON INC.
- COVENANT HOUSE NEW ORLEANS
- CROHNS & COLITIS FOUNDATION INC.
- CYSTIC FIBROSIS FOUNDATION
- EPILEPSY FOUNDATION OF LOUISIANA
- FATHER FLANAGANS BOYS HOME
- FATHERS HOUSE KIDS
- GIRLS ON THE RUN OF NEW ORLEANS
- GREATER NEW ORLEANS THERAPEUTIC RIDING CENTER INC.
- SHRINERS HOSPITALS FOR CHILDREN- JERUSALEM SHRINERS
- LOUISIANA HEMOPHILIA FOUNDATION
- LOUISIANA LIONS LEAGUE FOR CRIPPLED CHILDREN INC.
- LOUISIANA PULMONARY DISEASE CAMPINC
- MACDONELL UNITED METHODIST CHILDRENS SERVICES INC.
- OCHSNER CLINIC FOUNDATION
- OUR LADY OF THE LAKE FOUNDATION
- SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK OF GREATER NEW ORLEANS AND ACADIANA
- SON OF A SAINT
- SPECIAL ANGELS OUTREACH
- SPECIAL OLYMPICS LOUISIANA INC.
- ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST SCHOOLS- ADAPTIVE P.E.
- ST. MICHAEL SPECIAL SCHOOL
- ST CHARLES PUBLIC SCHOOLS FOUNDATION INC.
- ARC OF ST CHARLES INC.
- CENTER FOR FAMILY AND YOUTH SERVICES INC.
- SUNSHINE KIDS FOUNDATION
- UPSIDE DOWNS INC.
- WE CARE FOR SPECIAL PEOPLE INC.
- YOUTH EMPOWERMENT PROJECT
“We are all fueled by giving and what our gifts mean to the hundreds of charities across the U.S. where Valero has major operations,” said Martin Parrish, Valero Vice President-Alternative Fuels, who headed up Valero’s efforts in this year’s tournament. “All of this is possible because of the generous support of our sponsors, employees and volunteers who believe in the mission of helping people, especially children.”
About Valero Energy Foundation
Valero Energy Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Valero Energy Corporation, is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities where the company has major operations. The foundation provides funding to a variety of nonprofit agencies for programs and services supporting education, basic human needs, health care and civic projects. Annually, Valero, its employees and the foundation collectively generate more than $54 million in charitable support for worthy charities through direct donations or fundraising. Additionally, Valero employees log more than 153,000 volunteer hours each year for hundreds of projects in these same communities. Through the overwhelming support of sponsors, the foundation raised $12 million in 2018 for children’s charities across the United States through the Valero Texas Open and Benefit for Children. For a fifth consecutive time, Valero was named to the Civic 50 list by Points of Light as one of America’s most community-minded companies – the top energy company on the list.
PICTURED: St. Charles Parish Officials attended Valero's Annual Children's Charity Luncheon Sept. 6.