PARISH COUNCIL MEETING PREVIEW FOR JUNE 18, 2018
The St. Charles Parish Council will hold a regular meeting beginning at 6 p.m. June 18, 2018 in the Council Chambers, located on the second floor of the courthouse, 15045 River Road in Hahnville. The meeting may also be viewed live on SCP-TV.
The entire agenda may be viewed here.
Items on the agenda for public hearing include but are not limited to:
- An ordinance adopting, setting forth, levying and imposing taxes on all property subject to taxation in the Parish of St. Charles, State of Louisiana, as required by Section 23 of Article VII of the Constitution of Louisiana and Revised Statute 47.1705(B) for General Parochial Purposes; constructing, acquiring, maintaining, operating, extending and/or improving levees, facilities and structures associated with outer flood protection systems within the Parish; constructing, maintaining, and operating the Parish Road Maintenance program, Parish Recreation program, Parish Fire Protection, Mosquito Control Program, E-911 Telephone System, Health Unit and Council on Aging program; Road Lighting District No. 1; Library Service District No. 1; the ARC of St. Charles; paying any costs associated with acquiring, constructing, improving, maintaining and operating wastewater facilities and systems in the Parish; and for the purpose of paying the principal and interest on outstanding General Obligation Sewer Bonds for the year 2018.
- An ordinance to amend the St. Charles Parish Zoning Ordinance of 1981, to change the zoning classification from R-1M, Manufactured Home - RV Park to O-L, Open Land on Lot Q, Estay Subdivision, Paradis as requested by Clyde McCully for Woodlands RV Park, LLC.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the Parish President to acquire a 0.897 acre perpetual drainage servitude over property identified as Parcel No.6-4, in Sections 49 and 50, Township 12 South - Range 8 East in the Town of MONTZ, St. Charles Parish, Louisiana, which property is more particularly described in the Act of Servitude attached hereto and made a part hereof, from THE KANSAS CITY SOUTHERN RAILWAY COMPANY, and/or all other owners of record, as their interests may appear, said property to be used for drainage purposes in connection with Parish Project P080802-5 Coulee Canal Access for Maintenance - Phase II.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the Parish President to purchase and/or expropriate a 1.330 acre perpetual drainage servitude over property identified as Parcel No.6-5, in Sections 49 and 50, Township 12 South - Range 8 East in the Town of MONTZ, St. Charles Parish, Louisiana from KRISTI GERSTNER SMITH, and/or all other owners of record, as their interests may appear, said property to be used for drainage purposes in connection with Parish Project P080802-5 Coulee Canal Access for Maintenance - Phase II, as shown on the attached drawing by Riverlands Surveying Co., LLC dated July 24, 2017.
- An ordinance to amend the Code of Ordinances to revise Chapter 15, Section 15-9, to provide an exception to the Twenty-five (25) Miles Per Hour Speed Limit, to lower the speed limit on Kosher Lane in Des Allemands to ten (10) miles per hour.
- An ordinance to amend the Code of Ordinances by revising Chapter 20 Railroads, Section 20-6. Switching. by removing (b) which is regarding residential structures near switching yards.