BOOKMARK THIS PAGE! www.scplevees.com
READ THE LATEST WEST BANK HURRICANE PROTECTION LEVEE UPDATE
Post Date:April 06, 2018 8:44 AM
- The Willowridge Levee Phase 1 earthen levee project is complete.
- Willowridge Pump Station: Project is complete.
- Willowridge Phase III: Project is complete.
- Ellington Levee – Phase I Project: Substantial completion of the project was granted on February 01, 2018. Contractor has been working on the final punch list items, and the Contractor expects to complete the project by end of April 2018. Final inspection of the project occurred on April 03, 2018. Contractor has completed majority of the final punch list items except fixing some of the ruts at the canal slopes and fixing some of the bare ground with the grass. Contractor has been working on the pending final punch list items and expects to complete the project by end of April 2018. Final change order for the project has been finalized and is scheduled to be introduced to the SCP council on April 09, 2018.
- The Ellington Levee – Phase 2: Ordinance for the award of the construction contract to Pontchartrain Partners, LLC has been approved by SCP Council at the February 26, 2018 Council meeting. Pre-construction meeting of this project occurred on March 6, 2018 and notice to proceed for construction was given dated March 12, 2018. Contractor has set up the project trailer and started dewatering the Willowridge detention area for excavation to obtain material for the embankment. Contractor’s surveyor has been performing the pre-survey of the project, and the Contractor has started taking the existing photos/videos of the approved access route. Contractor has submitted preliminary project schedule, SWPPP, and equipment list to the Engineer for review. As of this meeting this project is 29 days into 450 calendar days project. Based on the project schedule the expected completion date is June 5, 2019.
- Ellington Pump Station: The 90% final design documents for the Ellington Pump Station have been submitted to the Parish for review. Received notification from DOTD Statewide Flood Control Program advices that this project will appear in the FY 2017/18 recommended construction program.
Magnolia Ridge Reach
- Magnolia Ridge Levee: Geotechnical Engineer has taken approx. 65 soil borings along the alignment of the existing levee to analyze for suitability to cap the existing levee and bring the low spots to elevation +7.5. The analysis is to verify if the existing levee meets the latest USACE levee criteria. Analysis is complete and the geotechnical report has been provided to BKI for incorporating into the final design of the Magnolia Ridge levee Project. BKI has provided final design plans to St. Charles Parish Public Works for the review.
- Magnolia Ridge Pump Station: Notice to proceed for construction of this project was given on December 11, 2017. As of this meeting this project is 119 days into 500 calendar day project. Contractor has mobilized the equipment and project trailer has been setup onsite. 90% of the project area has been cleared and grubbed, and the installation of the 2” water line was completed, tested and approved by the Louisiana department of health. Contractor has dewatered, degrassed, levelled the project area, and started excavating the ditch that connects to the Paradis Canal. Test pile has been installed on the project site and testing has been completed. Contractor has relocated the existing SCP hydraulic pump to allow for construction activities. Contractor has been continuing to haul off the wood chips from the site to KV Enterprises landfill. Installation of sheet piles for the cofferdam for the pump station area expected to be completed by next week. Dewatering dike has been installed and the project’s levee layout is complete. Approx. 1000 L.F. of the first levee lift has been completed and passed the testing. Driving of the concrete piles for the station expected to begin early next week. Based on the project schedule the expected completion date is April 25, 2019.
- To date, St. Charles Parish/LBLD has acquired 28 of 30 levee servitude parcels from 28 impacted landowners. GCR and St. Charles Parish representatives are continuing to work with the owner of Parcel 27-4 to address encroachments within the levee right of way. The Order of Expropriation has been filed by LBLD’s attorney for Parcels 26-1-R-1 and 26-2 (Dufrene). LBLD's attorney is preparing to move forward with the expropriation of Parcel 14-1-R-2 (Boetler).