BOOKMARK THIS PAGE! www.scplevees.com
READ THE LATEST WEST BANK HURRICANE PROTECTION LEVEE UPDATE
Post Date:February 23, 2018 3:01 PM
- The Willowridge Levee Phase 1 earthen levee project is complete.
- Willowridge Pump Station: All the three pump's impellers have been replaced and the pumps were retested. The effective date for Substantial Completion for this project is Aug 29, 2017. The Substantial Completion document has been executed and Filed at the SCP Courthouse. The Ordinance for the Final Change Order for the project has been approved by SCP Council at the Nov 13, 2017 SCP Council Meeting. Contractor has completed all the final punch list items, and the project has been accepted and is complete.
- Willowridge Phase III: Substantial completion of the project was granted on May 8, 2017. Certificate of Final Acceptance has been fully executed with an effective date of
Aug 9, 2017. The project has been accepted and is completed.
- Ellington Levee – Phase I Project: Substantial completion of the project was granted on February 01, 2018. Contractor has been working on the final punch list items. Based on the project schedule, the final completion of the project will be in March, 2018.
- The Ellington Levee – Phase 2: Bids were opened on January 9, 2018 and the apparent numerical low bidder was Kolb Grading, LLC. However, upon review of the documents submitted with the bids, it was discovered that Kolb Grading, LLC did not provide a Corporate Resolution authorizing the signing of the bid or such documents that comply with LA R.S. 38:2212(B)(5), in accordance with specifications Section 00100, "Instruction to Bidders". Therefore, the bid of Kolb Grading, LLC was disqualified and letter notifying them was sent on January 11, 2018.
The next lowest numerical bidder was Pontchartrain Partners, LLC, who is a qualified, licensed contractor according to the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors. BKI has reviewed the bid documents of Pontchartrain Partners, LLC and find them to be the lowest responsive bidder, having submitted all the required bid documents in accordance with the contract specifications except that a check of the arithmetic revealed that the bid of Pontchartrain Partners, LLC was incorrect by $0.03 when all the bid items were added. This did not affect the numerical order of the bids received.
BKI has sent a letter recommending acceptance of Pontchartrain Partners, LLC bids and the letter of Intent to Award the Contract was sent to Pontchartrain Partners, LLC on January 10, 2018. BKI has received the 10-day documents from Pontchartrain Partners, LLC and find them to be acceptable per the contract specifications. The ordinance to approve the award of the construction contract documents has been re-introduced to the Council on February 05, 2018. Approval of the award is on the Council agenda for the February 26, 2018 meeting.
- Ellington Pump Station: The 90% final design documents for the Ellington Pump Station have been submitted to the Parish for review. Received notification from DOTD Statewide Flood Control Program advices that this project will appear in the FY 2017/18 recommended construction program.
Magnolia Ridge Reach
- Magnolia Ridge Levee: Geotechnical Engineer has taken approx. 65 soil borings along the alignment of the existing levee to analyze for suitability to cap the existing levee and bring the low spots to elevation +7.5. The analysis is to verify if the existing levee meets the latest USACE levee criteria. Analysis is complete and the geotechnical report has been provided to BKI for incorporating into the final design of the Magnolia Ridge levee Project. BKI has provided final design plans to St. Charles Parish Public Works for the review.
- Magnolia Ridge Pump Station: Notice to proceed for construction of this project was given on December 11, 2017. As of this meeting this project is 77 days into 500 calendar day project. Contractor has mobilized the equipment and project trailer has been setup onsite. 70% of the project area has been cleared and grubbed, and the installation of the 2" water line was completed, tested and approved by the Louisiana department of health. Contractor is planning to remove the wood chips from the site by next week. Based on the project schedule the expected completion date is April 25th, 2019.
- To date, St. Charles Parish/LBLD has acquired 24 of 30 levee servitude parcels from 28 impacted landowners. GCR and St. Charles Parish representatives are continuing to work with the owner of Parcel 27-4 to relocate a mobile home from the levee right of way. A site visit was conducted by St. Charles Parish and GCR representatives to evaluate whether the in-ground home septic system is within the Parcel 27-4 right of way. The surveyor has confirmed that the septic system is within the Parcel 27-4 right of way. The Parish and GCR are working to move forward with addressing the modification or removal of the system within the required right of way. GCR has recommended all remaining parcels for expropriation, and all files have been provided to LBLD's attorney for that purpose.